As part of the efforts made to prevent road accidents, the National Gendarmerie Command included in its development plans, the creation of an Information and Road Coordination Center that came into force in 2010.
- Recover, process and analyze information on road safety.
- Design, set up and develop with the organizations concerned the necessary information for the benefit of road users to ensure their safety and allow the traffic flow through the road network.
- Inform the public authorities about the physical state of roads and the condition of signaling equipment and to recommend measures to improve road traffic.
- Inform road users on the difficulties related to weather conditions, restrictions and disturbances of road and highway traffic.
- Provide the necessary help and assistance to road users in difficulty.
- Provide control of road traffic and the follow-up of crisis situations on the road and motorway network.